Saturday 27 September 2014

Man's son

My name's Charles.
Some call me Charlie.
Either way, it means king- which pretty much wraps me up.

I'm a king amongst fools, a fool amongst kings!
You can try to catch me, but you'll end up tying yourself in knots.

I'm here one minute, gone the next-
now you see me (lucky you), now you don't.

But what did you even see?!

Can you be sure you saw anything?
Are you doubting your own memory, Charlie (mind if I call you Charlie?!).

We're like two mirrors, you and I.
In the space between exists the reality.

Don't let 'em get you down.
In this life, there are two kinds of people (though I couldn't tell you what they are!).

Some think I'm crazy.
Others know that I am.

Ain't no shame in that,
no shame at all...

I bet you'd recognise my face if you woke up with it.
You might forget it by nightfall (I can be pretty scary, after dark).

Can I ask you one question?
 (Too late, I already have!)




 







'The only difference between a madman and me,
is that I am not mad!'

Salvador DalĂ­







No comments:

Post a Comment